The Official LESS Productions Blog

Monday, December 05, 2005

Progress Update

Last night I was as much a drunken mess as I can remember being in recent past. While operating on the small amount of sleep the Toledo experience allowed (supplemented with an hour and a half long nap) and amongst other activities and drinking, I had a rum drinking contest with myself and won. It's funny how being "cut-off" by both a bartender and a group of your closest friends, you much more compelled to find and consume more rum. Needless to say (I would imagine) I had a slow start today. Also, after a blowjob from some one of the gender I most like to receive blowjobs from was nearly foiled by a serious of late-night visits from roommates, I spent the beginning of my day in the late p.m. designing, purchasing and assembling a sex curtain. As far as the progress that any of you care about goes, I finished making myself a master of this editing program after many tutorials and practice sessions. I cleaned up my computer so that it'd be ready to accomodate the copious amounts of information it is about to store. I cleaned and organized all of the film equipment and tapes so that they'd be ready to roll. Tomorrow (today) I'm going to make all of the scenes that still need to happen for the movie happen and I'm going to log all of the footage that we have. I'd like to also edit the scenes that people need for reels so that they'll stop bitching at me, but merely watching/logging all of the footage will take about as much time as all of the footage we have plus half (low-end estimate: 20 hours). And even with my computer cleaned up, there's no way I'll be able to store all of the footage at once, so I'm going to have to log everything then formulate and execute a plan that involves capturing things scene by scene only saving completed scenes and not all the material they came from. It is only in this manner that I can hope (without any kind of confidence) to fit everything I'm going to need without buying another hard drive, but whatever. I'm waiting on Anne Grady until after this weekend when we have a plan, and I'm just focusing on those reels and, at the same time, getting a good chunk of the movie done (sorry Jeff Cribbs who asked for a reel but won't possibly get one until everything is done). I also have to get a damn std test.

1 Comments:

Blogger gorbi said...

Evan, you have to do what is called an "edit decision list." Now I don't know what kind of hack software you are using, but it should be able to do this. If you need premiere, which is supposed to be good but sometimes closes for no reason but is regardless very expensive, let me know. But if you have a program you know, go for it. Regardless, you've got to make an EDL. First thing I must ask is that I hope you blacked all your tapes before you started shooting. Let me know this immediately, because if you didn't you're fucked. Believe me, I had over 50 hours of footage and i did it the hard way. Reply.

2:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home