EK dec.31.05
I've been back at my place trying to get Anne Grady done before I go to New Orleans. I immediately got onto the blog when I got on my computer, which is when it occured to me that I hadn't so much as checked it the whole time I was living with the parents for the holidays (sans computer). Sorry about that.
I'm nearly done with a rough cut of the Anne Grady deal. I'll put out an entire "Anne Grady Blog" explaining some things when that gets done.
Derek, I didn't record black for any amount of time. If this is just about preserving a continuous time code, I feel that other precautions I tend to take may have left me with a continuous time code anyway. Either way, we should discuss. I'm rushing to finish this Anne Grady rough cut, then I'm going to New Orleans for 6 days, then I'm back to the real editing. So, silly as it may sound, I'm very interested in what you're saying, let's talk in like a week.

2 Comments:
That's fine, as long as we talk. Yeah, continuous timecode is all you need. If you backed up a few frames before starting to tape again that would have taken care of it. But if the camera stops and starts again a lot of times it restarts the timecode, so I don't know how you were taping but lets hope you kept the timecode going. I did not for Dionysus (new title) and it was way harder. So yeah, if you have the timecode you can basically program the computer to digitize all the clips you want automatically and all you do is babysit it and change the tapes. and you can first import the clips at a lower quality so it takes up less space, then you get your edit down and then you batch capture everything back in again at full quality.
2:04 PM
oh and p.s. you gotta fill me in on this Katrina thing, becuase I'd be totally down if they pay for your travel and all that.
2:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home