The Official LESS Productions Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Downers

I'm not going to re-weigh in on all of this just yet, I still need to absorb some of TW's ideas, I just want to comment on the Sidewalk Litter is a downer comment so everyone else takes this into account at the same time they read the previous post. I think being a downer is a good thing. Our movie is trying to be funny yet taken seriously. I feel like the comedy definitely comes through and the drama is in a delicate balance. That's why I think a "downer" title will be helpful because that preps people to take it seriously. When funny things happen, they're going to laugh regardless. Jokes are instant, but drama needs to be built, and I think we should, if possible, use the title as a tool to help make that happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home