The Official LESS Productions Blog

Monday, January 16, 2006

ek 1.16.6

Thoughts:
-Forgive me for forgetting the name of the person who will be helping with the web page, but if some one gives me his contact info, I'd like to share some ideas for content. I don't know who may have already done this, but if it needs to be done, I gots ideas.
-I've seen the first half of 3 Radio Plays. I apologize for only having seen half, but we had the silly idea of starting it around 2:30 AM, and I prefer the long intermission to the helplessly groggy viewing of the second half. So far, it's good. Derek, if you want me to take notes or something when I get my hands on it to finish it, I can do that. I'm not sure if you're at a point where you'd like to consider new ideas or not.
-I'm shifting gears to making a trailer of BIA first in consideration of recommendations to have something ready for a press pack/the web page. Off the top of my head, we need an F-ing title. I've had ideas with directions to take for that, but none have presented themselves in a title-appropriate manner for me yet. I'll keep thinking. Do the same. Also, if anyone has recommendations for footage to include, e-mail or post. Also, maybe even first, I'm deciding on a song. Right now I'm considering the work of Geoff Earley and Tommy Magik and the Wonderfulls (my roommate's band, he's anxious to contribute where possible, but I'll not be giving him any kind of benefit of the doubt at the cost of finding the best song).

Updates:
-Talked to Reignier today. He's in something like 14 plays right now, so he's busy. He's calling me again tomorrow with a "no bullshit" assessment/schedule of his availability. I'll be ready to do these scenes in whatever non-negotiable windows he gives me, but I'll also need help on all these dates, so be ready to bend over backward if necessary to make this happen. Worst case scenario, I'll hire a bumb to hold the boom when necessary, but I'd like an "actor" present for these critical scenes.
-I made the investment of a lifetime today in a duffle bag ($28 marked down from $45) that consolidates the equipment and also houses the entire boom rather than the 60-ish% we'd been getting. If you're not excited by this (even if you just excited for me) I hate you.
-We got the scene shot this weekend, so Dawn's stuff is all done. What remains is 6 Justin Walters scenes (1/2 days of shooting, no more than a minute and a half of combined footage), and 4 Michael Reignier scenes. I'm watching the weather on Justin's stuff, news on Reignier tomorrow.

Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home