The Official LESS Productions Blog

Monday, February 27, 2006

priorititties

I think I was probably a little misleading with my priorities Saturday night, unintentionally so. But I'm putting together my to-do list, and I thought this would be a good place for it, especially so that way everyone else could add things, provided I am able to help.

Tom's Priorities/List of To-Dos/job description

1. Make the group work correctly
This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Facilitating communication
b. Helping Evan figure out computer issue(s)
c. On-tasking people
d. Scheduling and making things like lists of priorities.
2. spangle poster
3. Web redesign
4. Final touches on presentation material for potential clients like: resume, about LESS, reel (incorporate with re-design), etc.
5. Find and prioritize grants
6. Eventual communication with clients
7. Secure Weddings to video
8. Investigate businessy type questions like: "How much do we have to make to ship the camera to Hawaii?"
Answer: It would cost about $250 to ship the camera and the case both ways. I'm not sure if that is the safest way to do it, but I did some estimates and that's what I came up with.

So, for $111.21, Derek and ana could have the camera in Hawaii two days after we ship it UPS, and get it all sandy. Depending on what the shoot was, and how much they would make from it, it may or may not be worth the cost. Of course, the key would be to line up a couple of things to shoot in a short span of time. Our profit margin is higher if Derek shoots three things for $300 each, and we only have ship the camera once - obviously.

The price did not include lights or sound equipment, but I understand Derek might have some resources on the island. I also calculated shipping with the US postal service. It was more expensive, but I think if we actually went to a post office we might find that the Internet over estimated the price.

Hit me up during the day.


Vasu suggested this link

1 Comments:

Blogger gorbi said...

yeah dude. Oh first of all I think commenting on these things is good cuz it stays organize-things about this topic stay with this topic. So yeah, the SBA is all over the place and free and you can call them and meet with real people that will give you personal counselling for free. It might be an old guy doing it in his free time to keep his old mind from melting, but it's good still.

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home