The Official LESS Productions Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

turning wheels

OK, I did it. I'm done.

I've finished working in Hillsdale, and all I have to do is pack my remaining things and leave. Shit is about to happen in a major way.

With that in mind:

1. Derek I wish I understood your last post better. New conglomeration? Any ideas?

2. New computer system: We could buy the newest liquid for $200 because we have the older one. Evan's checking to see if that's the best option, otherwise maybe we should all chip into a new sweet-ass mac or something. Of course I'd hate to spend more money when we could get away with spending less.

3. Tom White and grad school:

Dear Tom White,

As far as everything goes with you being in New Jersey next year, congratulations and that's pretty cool. If you or I got this offer in '04, I would have been totally hyped about it, obviously.

I think the only reasonable thing I can say, is to see if you can defer a year. That might not seem that reasonable right now, but I promise the changes that happen with this group in a year will be significant and positive.

I don't feel comfortable really thinking about what will happen in 3.5 years, as far as where we'll be, how much money we'll be making and what kind of work we'll do, but I'm sure by fall '07 it will be clearer.

I promise, we will all have better careers than Jimmy Woodie, Adrienne Moon ... and generally 85 percent of people that graduate with MFAs, if we don't kill each other first.

And I'm sure you see yourself with a good career and a better chance at one after Rutgers. But I think I would be politely misleading you if I didn't mention this shit.

This is pretty general and very hypothetical, I know that. It is also inevitable that this group will succeed in major ways. I think you're valuable enough to LESS and it is to you to mention that taking what seems like a risk is probably a good idea.

Love,

TK

4. Get them noon phone calls back on. Hawaii people what time's good for you? Obviously with work schedules it might be hard. First thing in your morning would never be a bad thing for us.

5. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm glad you all have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home