The Official LESS Productions Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I do it for the Karma

Ok so I am self aware I think (ha). Many say too much so. So I can say that I've been working, because I can say when I havn't. Anyway I furiously put that damn reel together and Evan put a lot of work into his end and I will say that we did not get the Blueprint For Change job. She said some things about the production value not looking good enough. After a day to digest it, I can say, well, she's right. The stuff was either shot on a DV camera or on a poor format of windows media or something. Anyway, I still thought it was good and the PSA stuff that evan did was damn near perfect for what they wanted. The culprit may have been my overly jazzy intro piece. Regardless, I think I will call her back tomorrow and ask for further feedback although I am a bit scared to do so. The point is though, that an opportunity came along that I wasn't prepared for but didn't want to pass up for lack of effort. So we rose to the occassion and put something out there albeit not fully sweet enough.

Later, while discussing websitage with Nick Vidovich, I came to the conclusion that we may be trying to do too much that we can't do well. I tried to make an overly jazzy, flashy intro, and we may not have had the stuff to back up such jazz, the proper amp may perhaps fit this analogy. This ties to the website in that we could make some crazy animationy website or just keep it clean and simple. Here is a link to my aunt and uncle's website. They have a very nice house in Sherman Oaks California and have lots of time and money to take great vacations and now are raising a child with a lot of attention. http://www.randallcreative.com/

So, I think we should take a group look at the reel we have currently and try to make it better. Evan, do you have the documentary that you won money for? and can you send me full resolution copies of other stuff, snail mail is completely fine because as Tom said, yes, we will be prepared for the next time.

In all of our creativity we can become frantic and we need to periodically re-center as this mission statement talk is trying to get at. Damn we need a conference or retreat or something.
Well basically I'm still just trying to do anything sweet. Maybe y'all can post anything you have that is sweet that we can put into a very general portfolio that we can pick from when a potential opportunity arises, be it a gallery instalation, book publication, wedding video, etc etc.

I am going to meet with a shady character tomorrow who says he has the hook ups with a new studio, but I just found out who they are and I applied to work for them on several endeavors and they also seem a little iffy, so we'll see. So I just keep doin shit.

Oh and we mailed out an application to ITVS which is a funding branch for independent lens and I made way too many copies of everything. And I gave a copy of Dionysus to PBS hawaii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home