How It's Going Down
spangle trailer 1.0 down.
That's pretty cool. It helped me go to bed on an otherwise troublesome night.
The rule:
Here's the rule again, formerly, so everyone knows.
Criticism/suggestions are welcome. They make us better. But because we are dealing with an often subjective medium, if you think something is wrong but can't provide a solution or suggestion to fix it--suck it up.
That being said: ana is getting another resume together. One with a better design, with more details and less filler. She can only do this if people give her information to work with.
I don't think we should micromanage each other but we do have to give each other the help that people need. Example: I still don't have photos of everybody and I need one head-shot-type thing of everybody. It can have other people in the picture, I'll crop. So how do I get my shit done without the pictures? I think a lot of people feel like they get stuck in these kind of jams and have to put something less than LESS out when deadlines approach.
The web site needs some work. This is for a number of reasons. I propose that anyone with an idea for web design/format should submit their ideas to the group and we'll all pick the best one/incorporate the best ideas. I'm pretty sure this means that Tom White, Nick and I will all be putting something together. We just have to go with the things that work best, and I hope nobody's feelings get hurt if their ideas aren't used. And of course the rule will be in total play.
I liked the layout of Derek and ana's mission statement, but I am going to rework some of the text. If you have suggestions e-mail me.
We should not have a link to the blog on the website. When we do another creative project we'll have a blog for the "making of" or something.
I'm sure there are a bunch of points I'm missing from various conversations I had today, but the point is this
WE HAVE TO TRUST EVERYONE ELSE'S WORK, which means
WE HAVE TO BE READY FOR CRITISIM AND EDITTING IN A PHASES OF THE PROJECT, which means
WE HAVE TO STRIVE TO MAKE THIS PROCESS AS OBJECTIVE AS POSSIBLE (the rule).
I think we all have the same long-term goal: success in this business and creative independence. Let's just keep that in mind, then having more people working together will make it seem like less work instead of more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home